You will be responsible at Varn for the effective operational running of our agency, ensuring things get done on time, to budget and that our lovely team always has what they need in place to do a fabulous job.
You will manage our project schedule and agency capacity management, support on digital project coordination, finance/invoice management and be responsible for the office/team administration for the agency.
We are firm believers in employing for attitude and training for skill, so if you’ve got a background in operations, administration or possibly studio management for agencies, with a passion to learn new skills with a ‘can do’ attitude, then we would love to find out more about you.
Working across multiple projects, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing digital and web projects, including web development, and updating project stakeholders on developments.
- Supporting the agency with staff & project resourcing, scheduling short-term monthly and forecasting long-term team resource requirements, with the ability to foresee upcoming challenges.
- Liaising effectively and professionally with Varn clients on behalf of the team as required.
- Organising internal processes and procedures and championing them across the agency.
- Effectively managing our finance and invoicing process.
- Supporting our development plans for our outdoor woodland office and the Varn mobile office, the ‘CamperVarn’.
- Sourcing skilled freelance resource when required, to facilitate the smooth delivery of our project schedule.
- Managing holiday planning, team events, internal team calendars and activities, supporting client meetings and leading operations for the agency.
Who are you?
- You are highly organised, have excellent attention to detail, and are a real self-starter who enjoys being pro-active, busy, helpful and effective with the work they do.
- You are a natural people person and enjoy making sure the team you work with are happy, as well as keeping clients informed and delighted.
- You will ideally have operations experience, especially in studio management or managing resources in an agency, but primarily we are looking for someone who has outstanding organisational abilities with a passion for getting stuff done.
- You will be fantastic at managing multiple diverse projects and working well under pressure; deadlines and a busy ever changing day won’t phase you.
- You will be a real team player and keen to rise to any challenge.
- Experience of managing or implementing SEO and website development projects is not essential experience but would be useful.
Who are we?
At Varn, our values are really important to us. So if you feel an affinity to our values, you could be a great addition to our team…
- As a team we know our SEO stuff, from technical know-how through data analytics, optimising websites and all of the content and digital activity in-between. We recruit carefully and train well with the greatest constraint on our business growth currently being our ability to find staff who meet our standards. This means our clients benefit from obsessive SEOers that actually do know all there is to know about SEO: Are you someone who will take enormous pride in being part of our expert team?
- We have to deliver results for our clients otherwise it’s all just SEO talk. Result metrics are always defined at the start of a project but typically are outranking the competition and delivering more quality traffic. We like talking, but we like winning in SEO more: Are you someone who will help us get the results our clients demand?
- We work alongside our clients as a helpful honest partner. It gets results and ensures our relationships flourish and are more enjoyable for our team: Are you someone that will look beyond a ‘to do’ list, and will proactively think how best to deliver the best outcome for our team and clients?
- We take enormous pride in the fact you can unquestionably trust Varn to help, to do the right thing and we will always be open and honourable: Are you someone who believes integrity and honesty is vital?
- We are a friendly bunch and we want you to love working for us: Are you someone who thinks life is simply too short not to make it fun? If so, then you will fit right in.
Salary £25,000 – £35,000 FTE depending on experience.
At Varn we embrace flexibility and are happy to discuss flexible working approaches for this role, for the right candidate.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing agency
- Access to our woodland office and our mobile Camper Varn office, so you can work outside and be inspired in new places
- 20 days Holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Training & development opportunities
- Fun working environment
How to Apply
To apply please email your CV to [email protected], with Operations Manager as the subject of the email.
This is a must….please include in your email, an introduction to yourself and explain why you would be the right person for the job, particularly what excites you about this role.
Please note that your application must reach us by 31st January 2022
No recruitment agencies please.